The big difference from preschool to kindergarten is this little thing called homework. Let's just say that Nicolas is not really a fan. We were erasing all the number 3s that he had done because I wanted him to do it over CAREFULLY. Why, he asked? He just wants to go fast so it can be done and finished, doesn't really matter what it looks like. So, I give the big speech about responsibility, doing your best, importance of learning... blah, blah, blah... He understands. He gets back to doing the number 3, always checking ahead and baffled by the fact that he has to go all the way to ten. The silence is nice for a few minutes. Matteo is asleep in the high chair next to Nicolas. Enzo is on my lap amazingly quiet. The only noise is of the pressure cooker in the background. Out of the blue Nicolas says "The thing about homework is..." and goes silent again. His look is pensive and I, for some odd reason, think he is going to say something deep. He repeats himself. "The thing about homework is....", long pause and he takes a deep breath to finish "I JUST DON'T LIKE IT". Well put and to the point. He also added that I take 100 thousand 400 minute hours to do it with him.
We did finish it. I noticed that when Nicolas concentrates on something, his tongue sticks out. He kept moving it from side to side and, if he was especially careful when making the 3, it was like aerobics for his tongue. You can see it in the pictures. He is totally unaware of this.
Well, the 3 minutes of quiet did not repeat itself until now, when they are all asleep. It was a crazy day with lots of crying, but the smiles made it all worth it. At the end, although he does not like it, Nicolas was very proud of his homework. He also brought some art work he made at school. It is a gift to his brothers.
7 comments:
I'd like to be humble here, but it's tough....and I should probably apologize to the rest of the world for having the 3 most handsome boys alive. It's really not fair, I get it, but that's life. I'm a very lucky Dad. Not to mention having the most awesome wife. Thanks for putting this together Babe!
Que bom poder ter noticias sempre dos 3 most handsome boys alive e da most awesome filha!
O problema é que eu que já estava sofrendo de saudades qdo vi o blog e as fotos no Picasa... ufa! não é fácil ficar longe desta turminha maravilhosa que eu amo tanto.
Beijão!
Estou adorando este blog ele nos permite viver ai estando aqui, como o FLávio imaginou quando era pequeno. Estou vivendo também ao lado dos meus queridos netinhos. Obrigada Fernanda, sei que vc tem mil coisas para fazer, mas este blog é sensacional.
mas no que que vc é formada mesmo???
adoreeeei essa historinha liiinda! a maneira como vc repara nos detalhes e vai conhecendo cada um deles é cheia de amor!
o aqui com a elaine e com a mamae.. todas babando!
beijooos
Ebaaa!!!
Agora vou conseguir participar um pouco mais!! Espero!!
Mil beijos em todos!!!
Prima, vc e uma guerreira!
Bjao
Elaine.
ps: ainda vou criar uma conta pra mim.
Yes, the most beautiful, but I think there is 4 in that category... just by age - Ryan, Nicolas, Matteo and Enzo. All so beatiful. We love you guys and glad you are a part of our family! Love to Miguel and Helena too! xoxo
O Nicolas,definitivamente,puxou a dindaaaaa!
primeiro em nao gostar mt de homework e segundo na lingua..eu faço isso sempreeeee!!!
(estou rindo mt com essa historia da lingua,achei q fosse so mania minha...mt bom!:) )
e por favor,para tudo,oq sao esses gostosossss!eles tao mt bonitoesss!
O Nicolas ta gigante e os babys,"OH MY GOD"..eles estao lindos demaisss!!!
Post a Comment